Thursday, April 24, 2014

SeaShore Collection - Sea Glass




(This project was featured at Prima's blog here.  )

The SeaShore collection is soothing and relaxing.  The colors remind me of sea glass.  I love picking up sea glass and placing my treasures in a glass jar.  I thought I would create a project playing off the theme of sea glass - my version of a ship in a bottle I guess.

I added a tiny banner above the chipboard ship that reads "Sea Glass" - a bit of whimsy.  I printed the words using a font from this site  called Fearing Madness (Jelly Beans).




This was a bottle that I bought at a discount big box store.  I set it aside till I found a purpose for it and the Prima Seashore collection was perfect.

This project may not look simple but I assure you it is.

  • Rip some papers and wrap around bottle.  
  • Glue fishing net to to layers and bottle
  • Wrap jute around top
  • Paint jute and netting with a little white paint or gesso
  • Tie on shells and chipboard (big hint - at the beach I collected shells with holes in them already so I could string shells at some point)
  • Decorate with Boat chipboard and typewriter keys - trim, resin, bows.  
  • Done!
One last little finishing touch was to paint the chipboard boat with a  little Invild Bolme chalk edger.  I dipped a paintbrush in water and used as watercolor. 



Thanks a million for looking. 

Prima Supplies:
Seashore Collection
813604 Prima SeaShore Collection -Shell postage paper ( used under netting)
813638 Prima SeaShore Collection -Under the Sea paper (used under netting)
813727 Prima Seashore Collection -Chipboard
573089 Prima Seashore Collection -Paper Clips
891985 Prima Ingvild Bolme Resins
891060 Prima Ingvild Bolme Chalk Edgers - Blue Jay
891206 Prima Ingvild Bolme Chalk Edgers Teal Damask
891008 Prima Ingvild Bolme Chalk Edgers Dark Bark

Other Supplies:
Gesso
fishing net
weave trim
jute
shells

1 comment:

  1. Great idea looks lovely.
    Anything pertaining to sea glass is great.

    ReplyDelete