Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Mixed Art Photo Album from Tim Holtz





Mixed Art  Photo Album from Tim Holtz

Each month the Flying Unicorns has a special mini called Mixed Art.  
I created a simple mixed art photo album from the Flying Unicorns kit for September which features the Journal Book from Tim Holtz. 

I kept mine simple because I an really new to the mixed journals.  I like it but it's not a skill set of mine. But I guess it doesn't need to fancy or intricate as long as you are enjoying the process. 

This month's kit includes:
 Two sheets Nature’s Garden by Papermania, Tim Holtz Journal Book, Tim Holtz Binder Rings with Brads, Ideaology 6 pocket sleeves, Hot off the press pretty bird stamp , 1 sheet watercolor paper, Watercolor compact paint set, Shimmerz Tickle Me Turquoise, Shimmeringz.
My process was quite easy.  I used the Shimmerz Tickle Me Turquoise all over the book to add and enrich the blue turquoise.  Then I added a white wash of gesso ( very watered down).  I also added a few squirts of the Shimmerings which added just a blush of golden yellow. After that, it's embellishment time. 
The flower is Prima , with a Flying Unicorn metal adornment behind it and a layer of cheesecloth. 








Thanks for stopping by.  You can grab your Flying Unicorn journal book kit here


No comments:

Post a Comment