Thursday, January 7, 2016

DIY Card With Tutorial Using Flying Unicorns "Small Art Big Passion"




 DIY Card With Tutorial Using Flying Unicorns "Small Art Big Passion" 
http://www.flyingunicornstore.com
I'm here today to show off the Small Art Big Passion  (  also known as SABP) mini-kit.  It's my favorite kit bundle each month because it is packed with coordinated goodies that provides card making fun  for the month.  It's all about the love of making cards, tags atc's and anything in between. Chock full of bling, flowers, paper, embellishments and pretty things in between! 

This month's paper collection included in the Small Art Big Passion is from 13Arts, Secret Letters.  Here is a close up of the floral cluster on the card I made.  Scroll down and I'll show you how I made this.  

Here's how I made this card:

Card Base: The card base was made using the 13Arts Secret Letters 6x6 pad.  I have the most wonderful edge dies from Spellbinders.  They are Spellbinders Card Creator collection.  Gorgeous.  

The Embellishments Used:  Below is a photo of the main embellishments used .  These all came from the SABP kit for January.  They include; Prima Metal Embellishments,  Prima Say It In Crystals ( SIIC) Black Postage 560416, and the Petaloo Flowers - Darjeeling Teastained Pink

Customizing the Embellishments: I customized a lot of the embellishments on this card.  It's a great way to make them work for you .  First, I took one of the Prima  black postage crystals  (  also known as SIIC)  stickers and cut it in half. 




This is how I cut it.  


Customizing the Flowers: The flowers in the Small Art Big Passion (SABP) were Petaloo Flowers - Darjeeling Teastained Pink .   I decided to customize the flowers since pink wasn't quite what I was looking for as an  accent  color on this card.  A  quick way to customize flowers is to mist them.   I used  Prima Color Bloom Mists in Empress Gold    and Berry Wine mist.  You can find a variety of  Prima Color Blooms right here
My second Petaloo flower was misted with Empress Gold and Mustard Yellow. 
Totally different look.    

I  popped off the top few layers of the flower to make it smaller.  I love the photo below because it shows a dramatic comparison between the flower before and after misting.  

  I cut the top layers in half and tucked it into my cluster.  I really didn't want a second big flower on my card so cutting it was the best way to minimize it.  


Additional accents on the card include some butterflies cut from the 13Arts papers, some pine punches as cluster filler, floral berries from my stash and the Prima Metal Embellishments from the SABP kit.  

Done!  Looks elaborate but once you see the steps broken down, it all seems much easier.   




Plan a day trip! Crops -Classes-Fun

926 North Monroe St   
Tallahassee, Florida
Tel: 850.270.6366 Toll Free 800.231.7119

Supplies:
Flying Unicorns January Small Art Big Passion (SABP) kit
13Arts papers - Secret Letters 6x6 pad (from  SABP)
Petaloo Flowers - Darleeling Teastained Pink - 1467110 (from  SABP)
Prima Metal Embellishments 583514 (from  SABP)
Prima Say It In Crystals ( SIIC) Black Postage 560416 (from  SABP)
Prima Color Bloom Mists - Empress Gold  ( variety of Color Blooms found here)
Prima Color Bloom Mists  - Berry Wine or even Pressed Petal
Prima Color Bloom Mists  - Mustard Yellow
Spellbinders - Card Creator Dies - Scalloped Borders One
Floral Berries from my stash

1 comment: