Sunday, June 25, 2017

Fancy Graduation Cards Made Easy

Graduation Cards with Spellbinders and Petaloo

It's graduation/commencement time.  Seems most everyone is off to a graduation ceremony, party or at least knows a recent graduate.  Today, graduations are celebrated for so many reasons;  the little wee ones moving from Pre-K to First Grade; dogs finishing up a training program and moving up a level; even moving positions in a company to the next level.  
Graduation  is serious stuff!

I'm sharing in the celebrations with a couple of cards.   I have a few grads in my family so these will be given to my family members as they move forward with  exciting new starts in life.  


My first card uses one of Petaloo/Floracraft's newest releases. 
 This card features the Petaloo/Floracraft  Botanica Collection -Gypsy Rose Bunch in Cream. 
 Actually it has one big flower in the center of the cluster and two smaller flowers nestled on each side.

I used a  recently released die from Spellbinders as well.   The die is Spellbinders Rebel Rose Untamed Heart Die.

 OK here's what I absolutely ADORE about this die...
 I love the elegance the die adds to the card without it being overly heart-like.  It conveys my affection in an artistic and graceful way without the mush and gush of a standard heart shape.

I'm giving the card to my 22yr old niece and while I love her dearly,  I don't know if she would favor a big 'ol mushy gushy heart card from Aunt Jen as congratulations on her achievement.  She's sassy and full of energy so Rebel Rose Untamed Heart Die is perfect.


And a few more close ups of the first card.
 The paper is old My Minds Eye paper, part of the Lost and Found Collections. This one is called Sunshine.  
 
Here is the second card I crafted.  This card features a new flower from the Botanica collection paired with an older Botanica in the same color.  

There are the flowers I chose:
Petaloo Botanica Fairy Rose Bud in Red RS5013-192/4
Petaloo Botanica Collection - Faux Dried Flowers Ephemera in Red 1100-205
The flowers rest atop one of my beloved  Spellbinder dies.  This is  
Here  are a few close ups at different angles.  The Red Elphemera flowers have floral berries in the packet so I used those as additional points of interest. 



Keep your eye on the Petaloo website.  It will be moving soon and is being relocated to the Floracraft website.  Floracraft is the new owner of Petaloo.  You'll be able to see all the new flowers on that site.

If you are interested in learning more about being a Spellblogger, click here for all the information to set you on your way. .   

 Shop for Spellbinders  products and visit their blog for daily inspiration. 
Thanks for stopping here today. I value your time. 
Happy Crafting
#NeverStopMaking  #Spellbinders 


Products Used:
Yellow Card:
Petaloo Botanica Collection -Gypsy Rose Bunch in Cream RS5014-162/4
Paper - My Minds Eye " Lost and Found" Sunshine Collection LF2104

Red Card:
Petaloo Botanica Collection - Faux Dried Flowers Ephemera in Red 1100-205
Petaloo Botanica Fairy Rose Bud in Red RS5013-192/4

No comments:

Post a Comment