Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Cards With an Americana Twist


I'm here to share a few cards for the end of summer.  
It's  the unofficial end to Summer and back to school time for many - the transition to cooler weather.

In the United States, our summers end with one last festive holiday at the beginning of September - Labor Day.  Labor Day is a wonderful day to relax with the family, have a picnic, watch a parade, or just enjoy time off from work.  

I used the collection from  Maja Design called, Denim & Friends  paired with some dies from Spellbinders to celebrate Labor Day with some cards that resemble old fashioned  "flag buntings" in my opinion.  I love how a magnificent collection from Sweden and a little imagination with Spellbinders dies can help me celebrate Americana style.    


























These
are the particular papers I selected for this card. 
I used the following: 
Stars & Stripes (A & B sides) - shown on the top row
 Stonewashed
 Paisley


The die I used as a bunting is Spellbinders Shapeabilities - Venise Lace - Bella Clair Border by Becca Feeken.  Look how beautiful it is as a flag bunting?






Here is the second card using the same papers.  I added a bit of red cardstock behind the Spellbinders die for a bold pop of color. and I added the Spellbinders Nestabilities Stars Five die.  It's a classic star shape which I consider a staple in my die collection. 




 You can shop for Maja Design products here

You can shop for all your Spellbinders dies here.   They have amazing sales and frequently have BOGO (buy one -get one)sales too!  

I  love being part of the Spellblogger Team.  
If you would like to be a Spellblogger, check out the details here: 

Maja Design Denim & Friends: shop here
Maja Design Denim & Friends Collection: Stars & Stripes (A & B sides), Stonewashed, Paisley
Spellbinders Shapeabilities - Venise Lace - Bella Clair Border by Becca Feeken S4-790
Spellbinders Nestabilities Stars Five - Etched Dies - S4-092
Petaloo by Floracraft flowers - Darjeeling collection - Teastained Dahlias in Cream 1467-105
Petaloo by Floracraft flowers - Darjeeling Collection - Dahlias in Blue
Cream Ribbon
Red floral berries
Red sequins

No comments:

Post a Comment