Friday, September 8, 2017

Snowflake Cards




Bring on the Snowflakes 
I say let the snowflakes come! bring'em on. 
 But only in the form of paper please.  I only want paper snow at my house.  I'd gladly substitute glue for a shovel. 

The best way to play with snowflakes is by grabbing the new Spellbinders Snowflakes Holidays 2017 by Stephanie Low -Stamp & Die Set - and getting to work using Maja Design's Denim & Friends collection. 


 I created the card to play along with the  Maja Design Mood Board for the month of September.  Yes the Mood Board image invites you to think Summer but that's merely a suggestion.  My inspiration was taken from the colors.  
You can play along and enter your creation right here


I layered by snowflakes on my card.  I thought they looked lovely that way.  The key to using the stamp & die set is to definitely stamp first.   This provides an easier platform for making sure your die cut is securely in place.  you can even tack down with tape if you want. 

Hey - that's just my opinion.  Feel free to experiment with your own style.  

I prefer a nice crisp stamped image and your choice of ink does have an impact on the final image quality.  I used Tsunkineko - Memento Ink- Rich Cocoa because it has a warm richness with great clarity when stamped.  Distress Inks will not provide as sharp an image as you may desire. 

I used some white eyelash yarn as my fun wintery trim. I also added dimension to a snowflake by backing with foam tape.  



You can shop for Maja Design products here

You can shop for all your Spellbinders dies here.   They have amazing sales and frequently have BOGO (buy one -get one)sales too!  

I  love being part of the Spellblogger Team.  
If you would like to be a Spellblogger, check out the details here: 

Maja Design Denim & Friends: shop here
Maja Design Denim & Friends- Blue Jeans B Side
Maja Design Denim & Friends - Streetwear B Side
Spellbinders Snowflakes Holidays 2017 by Stephanie Low -Stamp & Die Set -SDS-089
Brown Gingham Ribbon
White floral berries


Eyelash Yarn
Tsunkineko - Memento Ink- Rich Cocoa

1 comment:

  1. What a gorgeous card! Love the blue/brown color combo paired with those lovely snowflakes!

    ReplyDelete